10 Dental Care Tips For Children (and Their Parents)on Wednesday, October 30, 2019
Gresham Family Dentistry Keeps The Whole Family Smiling And Healthy
Gresham families in need of the best family dentistry services can rely on Gresham Family Dentistry. We offer a wide range of family dentistry services — everything from regular dental check-ups to root canals and sleep apnea treatment. Our job includes more than providing our regular family dentistry services we offer, though. We want to make sure that each Gresham family we serve has the tools and knowledge they need to seek out the best in dental health at home. We help Gresham parents learn how to best take care of their children’s teeth, too. It’s never too early to look after good dental health, after all!
As part of our family dentistry services, Gresham Family Dentistry offers advice to Gresham parents on how to help their children keep a healthy smile as they grow.
10 Tips On How To Keep Your Child’s Smile Healthy
- Lead by example. Gresham parents should show their kids that practicing good oral health is important and can be fun by practicing good oral health themselves.
- Choose a dentist your family likes and trusts. Having a dentist that offers great family dentistry services, preferably one that your whole family is happy with, makes each dental visit a more enjoyable experience for everyone.
- Schedule regular visits with your family dentist. Gresham parents should take their children to the dentist regularly – usually every six months or as directed by your family dentistry — for routine cleanings and checkups. This is not only good for oral care; it can also help your child build a comfort level with his or her dentist.
- Remind them to brush. Always ask your children if they brushed their teeth before they leave for school and when they are getting ready for bed.
- Encourage them to brush at school. A travel toothbrush can be easily packed in your child’s backpack so that he or she can brush after snacks and lunch while at school.
- Teach the importance of flossing. Flossing is just as important as brushing and may also help prevent gum disease. Gum disease may be associated with health complications later in life.
- Make sure your child eats breakfast every day. There’s evidence that young people who eat a high protein breakfast have noticeable reductions in cravings for sweets later in the day.
- If they’re going to drink soda, have them use a straw. Doing so reduces their teeth’s exposure to sugar.
- Reduce sugar in their diets. Replace sugary snacks and drinks with healthy alternatives, such as fruit, cheese and crackers, and water.
- Reward healthy habits. Gresham parents can leave little treats from the “tooth fairy,” every now and then, to reward your child for practicing good oral health.
Start Your Kids On The Road To Good Dental Health With Gresham Family Dentistry
Be proactive about your oral health — schedule an appointment today for an oral checkup for your baby with Gresham Family Dentistry. At Gresham Family Dentistry, our priority is your comfort. We provide quality dental services for the entire family including sedation dentistry, children’s dentistry, oral surgery, dental cleanings, and more!
Our hours of operation are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM and Thursday 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM.
To schedule a visit, contact us or call 503-661-2600.